Haridwar is the most visited place by the spiritual people. It is situated at the base of the Siwalik Hills. Haridwar is also called the ‘Gateway to the god’ with a large number of temples and ashrams located there. In the evening you can take part in aarti held in Ganga bank. It is the beautiful sight to explore and see lit up diyas floating on the river. This place is famous for the Kumbh Mela, a fair or festival, which is held once in twelve years.
Spirituality, Temples, Ghats.
The Brahmakhund, Har ki Pauri ghat for arti, Tilbhandeshwar.
Best time to visit-
Good in the whole year except monsoons.
Things to do-
- Har Ki Pauri
- Chandi Devi Temple
- Maya Devi Temple
- Mansa Devi Temple
- Daksha Mahadev Temple
- Vishnu Ghat
- Shanti Gunj
- Pavan Dham
- Vaishno Devi Temple
- Bharat Mata Mandir
- Birla Ghat
Some interesting facts about the Haridwar
- Haridwar is the first place that welcomes the River Ganga after flowing down from the Himalayas and it starts from the Gangotri. According to Mythology River Ganga is known for purifying the soul.
- The Haridwar city is famous for the Kumbh Mela, which held every twelve years.
- In Haridwar city, there is a temple Pardeshwar Mahadev which has a Shiva-lingam built of mercury and, it is rare to find a mercury Shiva-lingam anywhere.
- There is a long ropeway in Haridwar that transports connect the hilltop by the cable car to the temple known as Mansa Devi.
- The famous and old market of the city Haridwar is the Upper Road Bazaar. It is next to the renowned Moti Bazaar. A number of shops related to all types of stuff and handicrafts are available here for shopping. You can visit moti bazaar too for shopping for stuff and food.
- There is 13th-century dargah in Haridwar named as Piran Kaliyar, which was constructed by the emperor Ibrahim Lodhi.
- Har ki paudi is the point where River Ganga enters. every evening devotees gather here and do worship of Ganga and light diyas and let them flow into the river.
- The Haridwar city is the entrance point for the Chaar Dhaam Yatra and people who do this Yatra are supposed to begin their yatra(journey) from Haridwar.
- You’ll not be able to find any type of non-vegetarian food as well as alcoholic product in the town. These things are strictly prohibited in the Haridwar.