Nainital is a beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand, situated in the Kumaon region. It is a famous tourist destination in India, attracting a large number of domestic and foreign tourists every year. This district is also referred to as the Lake District of India because there are beautiful 60 Lakes in the area beside the Naini Lake. It is surrounded by seven hills on three sides, referred to as ‘Sapta Shring’. Nainital sightseeing and weather is popular among anyone who is looking for a great vacation in India.
Hill station, Views, Lakes, Mall Road, Serenity.
Nainital Lake, Nainital Zoo, Naina Devi Temple, Snow View Point, Naina Peak, Tiffin Top, Lands’ end.
2 to 3 days.
Best time to visit-
April – June, and November – December to February for snow.
Things to do-
- Enjoy Lake Tour and Boating
- Enjoy the sight of Himalayan Ranges from Tiffin Top
- Visit High Altitude Zoo
- Get Shopaholic at Tibetan Market
- Experience Golden Sunset at Hanuman Garhi
- Ropeway of Nainital
- Enjoy Mall Road and buy Fancy Candles
- Learn Rock Climbing
- Buckingham Palace of India! Governor’s House
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Kilbury and Pangot Bird Sanctuary
- Enjoy trekking at Cheena Peak
- Fascinate in the Beauty of St. John Church
- Visit Gurney House.
Some interesting facts about the Nainital
- A dream that never came true- The Britishers wanted to join Nainital by rails like Shimla and Darjeeling. According to the Surveys Nainital has more landslides than Shimla and Darjeeling, so unique technology was to be used. However, before this scheme could be applied India got freedom and the dream to join Nainital with Kathgodam by rail never came true.
- color-changing lake Khurpatal– Khurpatal lake is 10 km away from Nainital. The specialty of this lake is that the lake starts changing its color as soon as algae seeds are formed.
- District Nainital has a lake in the northern end, and it receives rainfall almost every afternoon. So you can say Nainital has its own private rain.
- The Raj Bhavan of Nainital, Uttarakhand was, built for the Governor of the United Provinces.
- The district Nainital is also known as the lake district of India.
- Nainital is a town where a temple, a mosque, a gurudwara, and a church are within a radius of 1 kilometer. Each religious festival is celebrated very well according to its traditions, but no bad incident has been reported.
- The Naina Devi Temple in Nainital has been situated, on the banks of the lake since ancient times.